Pulp VENUS Package: Pugilist
In the boxing pulps and related comics, many pugilist protagonists are amateur streetfighters participating in barely-legal, barely-organized matches; these heroes may be gentlemen, hobos, and – especially – tramp steamer sailors (the latter often accompanied by brawny bulldogs or wish-granting jeeps). Pugilists may also be masters of martial arts no longer considered variants of boxing (such as the Plum Flower Boxers of the Qing Dynasty); while many classic wuxia novels were serialized in essentially pulp magazines, V.E.N.U.S. (Venturers, Experimenters, Navigators, and the Unusually Skilled) packages for such superhuman martial arts characters are found elsewhere.
- Bonus Attributes: +1 die Strength and Vigor.
- Bonus Skills: +2 dice Fighting.
- Bonus Hindrances: player’s choice of Arrogant, Clueless, Code of Honor, Heroic, or Overconfident.
- Bonus Edges: Bruiser, Martial Artist (damn straight, boxing is a martial art).
- Amateurs and Pros: Regardless of whatever exotic port or seedy inner city a pugilist finds themselves in, someone will recognize them as a pugilist and offer them a chance to compete in a match during the adventure.