Pulp Paradigmatic Framework: Savage Swordsperson
|True Fact: Most Frazetta Conan paintings feature him wielding an axe.|
Whether battling sorcerers in ancient times, fighting alongside hill tribes in the early 20th century Middle East, or taming alien planets, Savage Swordsmen and Swordswomen wield their blades with astonishing strength and endurance. Some are savage of body and soul, others are only savage in the ferocity of their skills, but all are sword-wielders to be feared.
- Bonus Attributes: +2 dice Agility, Strength, and Vigor.
- Bonus Skills: +2 dice Climbing; +3 dice Fighting.
- Bonus Hindrances: The player’s choice of Arrogant, Overconfident, or Vengeful [Major].
- Bonus Edges: The player's choice of Acrobat or Brawny. Savage Swordspeople may purchase Combat Edges at one Rank lower than required, Tough as Nails and Improved Tough as Nails beginning at Seasoned, and Professional, Expert, and Master (for Fighting only) beginning at Heroic.
- Bonus Gear: a sword befitting the setting (great sword or long sword for pre-Cataclysmic heroic ages and lost worlds, a rapier or German dueling schlager [as short sword] for Ruritanian romances, a katana-like alien blade for sword-and-planet).
- Surprising Talents: With such a head start on physical Attributes and Fighting prowess, Savage Swordspeople are free to develop surprising secondary talents. A fierce barbarian may be an excellent sneak-thief (Stealth, Thief Edge), an expatriate mercenary may be a budding military commander (Knowledge (Battle), Tactician), or a displaced American saving the crowns of Europe or Mongo may be an Olympic-level athlete (Riding, Swimming).