Instead of the spoiler-filled analysis of Godzilla (2014) that I want to write, I'm going to content myself with some stats. The following uses my house rules for the setting sketch Mecha Kaiju Sensō Tai!!!
Godzilla (1954) for Mecha Kaiju Sensō Tai!!!
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d8 (G), Vigor d6 (G)
Skills: Burst d12, Climbing d4, Fighting d8, Intimidation d6, Notice d4, Stealth d4, Swimming d6.
Charisma: -2 Pace: 6 (G) Parry: 7 Toughness: 5 (G)
Hindrances: Arrogant, Enemy (minor), Wanted (minor).
Edges: AB: Super Powers (Burst), Aquatic.
- Gargantuan Armor: Kaiju and mecha on the Gargantuan scale may only be Shaken by Heavy Weapons; their attacks count as Heavy Weapons for the purposes of bypassing Heavy Armor.. They may only be wounded by G-scale weapons such as the weaponry of other G-scale creatures and weapons of mass destruction.
- Gargantuan Damage: Kaiju and mecha on the Gargantuan scale are considered to be Size +20 for purposes of interaction with human-size targets; they add +20 to all damage rolls made against non-Gargantuan targets.
- Gargantuan Size: G-scale kaiju and mecha suffer the attack penalty for being Huge; man-sized creatures are at +4 to attack rolls to hit G-scale creatures (including attacks by Heavy Weapons).
- Gargantuan Stride: 1" in distance for G-scale kaiju and mecha equates to 5" of human-scale distance; this applies to movement and ranged weapons.
- Kaiju: As semi-sentient giant monsters who are unable to buy equipmeny, Kaiju do not get any starting funds;they instead get an extra skill point.
- Natural Weapons: The tails, claws, and teeth of saurian allow them to tail slap, claw, or bite in combat for Str+d4 damage.
- Outsider: Most races distrust the unblinking saurians . Their habit of eating their meat still squirming is also less than appetizing. They suffer a –2 Charisma penalty.
- Power Points: 20
- Saurian Senses: Saurians’ lizard tongues can “taste” the air, giving them +2 to Notice rolls. They are always considered active guards for Stealth checks.
- Warm Natured: Though not truly cold-blooded, saurians are not comfortable in cold environments. They suffer a –4 penalty to resist cold environmental effects.