Fiasco at the SA Sci-Fi/Fantasy RPG Gaming Guild



We played Fiasco -- Bully Pulpit Games' meta-RPG about powerful ambition and poor impulse control -- at the San Antonio Sci-Fi/Fantasy RPG Gaming Guild's monthly meet'n'greet last Friday.  It was fun, but I have to admit that it took me a little bit to warm up.  I'm so used to being the GM that it was a little intimidating to concede narrative control to my fellow players (especially since it was my first time playing the system) but I had fun and look forward to playing it again.

We played the Guy Ritchie-inspired Gangster London playset, so I got to use one of my British accents and one of my Russian accents too (for the same character, oddly, as it turned out my pig farm owner Clive was actually a Russian immigrant).  I managed to stay one step ahead of getting killed by all the PCs with reason to hate me, but my proudest moment was while filling in as an NPC.  I had no idea that I could do a decent Hermes Conrad impression until it came out of my mouth.

"Sacred Boa of Samoa!  It's a fucking katana!"

Comments

Popular Posts