Well, This is (Bleeding) Cool!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/

Just in case you didn't catch the news yesterday...

I've been following comic book and entertainment news site Bleeding Cool ever since it was just Rich Johnston's rumor column at Comic Book Resources.  It's one of my favorite places to keep up with the insanity at Marvel and DC and get actual news I can use on movies and TV.  Surprisingly, they've recently started running RPG articles as well -- and the latest spotlights some of the craziness of the do-it-yourself end of the RPG blogosphere!

Self-Publishing Roundup: Three Fantasy RPG Supplements You Won't Find in Game Stores by Dorkland! blogger, Battlefield Press co-publisher, and fellow Google+ user Christopher Helton  puts the spotlight on Trey Causey's Weird Adventures from his From The Sorcerer's Skull blog,
the new The Dungeon Dozen book from Jason Sholtis' The Dungeon Dozen blog, and friend-of-the-blog Jack Shear's Planet Motherfucker quasi-Savage Worlds setting from his gloriously warped Tales of the Grotesque and Dungeonesque.  My totally unscientific impression is that Bleeding Cool is kind of a big deal, so I hope this publicity brings a gajillion hits to three very deserving bastions of DIY creativity.

This is not the first gaming article on Bleeding Cool and it won't be the last (but I can't find any tags on the site so I can't link to any other examples).  Helton has stated on Google+ that this particular article is intended as the first in a series on RPG self-publishing, so I really need to get my act together and get a book published.  I can just imagine the thrill of seeing The King is Dead on the same screen as rants about Dan Didio ruining yet another character or spoilers about Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles...

No, seriously.  That would be awesome!
 

Comments

Popular Posts