Yes, I Got My Copy

I haven’t posted a review of Ed Greenwood Presents: Elminster’s Forgotten Realms yet because I haven’t finished it.  I don’t want to write about it until I’ve given it a thorough reading; I was too hasty with Regime Diabolique and I’d like to get into more of the meat of EGP: EFR (which is ironic because it’s all fluff).  I am enjoying it so far – but I only manage about 40 minutes of reading a weekday between my lunch break and reading myself to sleep each night.  I do not read very quickly.

What I have read so far makes me want to run a proper espionage campaign in the Realms.  I’ve never used Cormyr as a campaign setting, and it would be perfect.  Vangerdehast is obviously meant to be a Walsingham-like spy master and the setting as written includes a secret service.  If only I wasn’t so busy with other projects….

Comments

Popular Posts