The King is Dead: Lessons Learned at GaMExpo

My eyes are almost as red as Christopher Lee's in Dracula Has Risen From the Grave
Things I learned at GaMExpo:
  • The setting actually runs exactly how I wanted it to. All four sessions basically involved me pointing the players at a target and sitting back to watch them scheme up a way to kill him. It was perfect.
  • I suck at welcoming people to the table. I should have a couple of glasses of wine before every game to loosen up. (Damned GAD!)
  • I’m going to get some masking tape or glue and just permanently assemble all of my paper minis. While paper-clipping them together means I can disassemble them for easier storage, it takes too long to set them up. Also, it gives me an excuse to not make eye contact and ignore people. Bad Sean!
  • I’m going to need to include lots of random tables and other tools in the final book to help GMs improvise their way through sessions. Thankfully, that was always the plan.
  • Repeating crossbows suck (for vampires). Unfortunately, they were invented by the Chinese in the 5th century BCE, so there’s really no excuse to not have them in TKiD.
  • Having a member of the gentry or nobility in your cabal makes life a lot easier.
  • Restricting big explosive powers to higher ranks enforces genre emulation.
  • Running four highly-improvised games in a weekend is a bad, bad idea. I am still so tired…
While I recover, why not check out Steamscapes: Asia and Strider: A Steamscapes Adventure?
 

Comments

Popular Posts