The Olympus, Inc. Kickstarter is Live!

Hey there, sexy!
A shadow war lurks just out of mankind’s sight – an ancient war dating back to before the gods first shaped man out of clay. 

Banished to the edges of human consciousness by the primordial Gaia, the Olympians – the gods of Greek mythology – fight an ongoing battle against the monstrous Titans. Their soldiers are demigods, the superhuman descendants of dalliances between mortals and gods. Their battleground is the glass and steel towers, the boardrooms and development labs of the corporate world. 

The shadow war hides in plain sight behind the façade of Olympus, Inc.

***

Earlier today, John Dunn declared that Bone and Barrow – my part of the Accursed: World of Morden Kickstarter – was effectively funded. If you’re a backer, you can already download the working draft of my chapter. (Please do; I’d love some feedback!) With that safely completed (but please keep on contributing so we can hit all the stretch goals), I’d like to plug the next Kickstarter with which I’m involved.

Olympus, Inc. is the brainchild of Gilbert Gallo (see my interview with him about his previous Savage Worlds mythological setting, Mythos) and Charles White of Fabled Environments (makers of gaming floorplans and adventure modules). When they were drumming up support for the project a few weeks back on Facebook, I threw my hat in the ring and offered to write an adventure about Dionysus. Right now that adventure is a stretch goal at $10,500 of an $8,500 funding goal.

I honestly don’t know anything more about the setting than the rest of you. From what I’ve picked up online, Olympus, Inc. is more cyberpunk than superhero, more Shadowrun than Scion. Like in Mage: The Ascension, the Olympians and Titans must hide their war from mortal eyes, risking cosmic wrath otherwise. The monstrous Titans hide their true forms by day, while the gods operate through their proxy companies. Development artwork has shown off fancy new guns and soldiers in tactical gear, so I assume there’s a lot of corporate espionage involved.

Years and years ago, Robin and I briefly experimented with playing Exalted 1st Edition. We couldn’t wrap our heads around the setting (Creation is both too much like a normal fantasy world to evoke our sense of the mythological and too different to apply the usual FRPG tropes) but we did find the system interesting enough to attempt to hack it. For a couple of months, we played a campaign we called “Goddess Project,” in which the Japanese government funded the “cloning” of the kami and accidentally started a shadow war between semi-divine teenagers. The cyberpunk mythology theme of Olympus, Inc. feels like coming home to me. I hope I get the chance to contribute to their world.

Gilbert’s enthusiasm for classical mythology shone through in Mythos, and Fabled Environments produces highly-respected work. They’ve never failed to deliver before, so I think we can assume this Kickstarter is a safe bet. They’re already halfway to funding with most of a month to go, so please join me in joining them to make Olympus, Inc. happen!    

Comments

Popular Posts