TGI2015

2015 promises to be an exciting year. In just over a week, I’ll be at Chupacabracon II, gaming with the luminaries of Savage Worlds and GUMSHOE (and hopefully doing some networking). My professional publishing writing career will get really underway; I’ll be getting my section of Steamscapes: Asia done in the next couple of months and I’ve got a brace of articles already accepted for upcoming issues of Savage Insider. Robin and I have some new resources and renewed will to apply to writing careers, so we’ll probably be incorporating soon and looking into self-publishing and other avenues.

I plan on expanding the blog to write about Dungeons & Dragons as well; it’s a crass commercial move to attract a bigger readership, but it’s also the result of a genuine revived interest in the game inspired by the new edition.  Besides, I want to be a writer, not just a Savage Worlds writer. This does not, however, mean I’m giving up on The King is Dead; I have to admit, however, that playtesting the setting with actual players has opened my eyes to certain problems in the premise.

I think I’ve made some good friends in the RPG industry and in the local gaming community over the last year. It hasn’t always gone as desired, but it’s still progress. Hopefully, 2015 will be even better…

…And feature less personal illness and horrible world events.  

In the meantime, here's a cat picture:


Comments

  1. I always find that anything I post about regarding "D&D" gets at least four times as many hits as my average posts. Totally understand the shift in content; I'm hoping to post some D&D-related stuff in 2015 as well.

    Good luck with the con. I've made it my top priority to finally make it to Gen Con this year. There are just too many networking opportunities to pass up. Here's to a productive and successful year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also hoping to make it to Gen Con! Hopefully we'll have a chance to meet up and play some Pendragon.

      Right now, I'm gratified to say that The King is Dead posts are the most popular -- but all the Gothic angst is getting me down. 5e has a certain whimsy to it that's really refreshing. There's some goofy humor in there that's right up my alley; for example, the Random Tavern name table not only generates Middle-Earth's Prancing Pony and nehwon's Silver Eel, but also "An American Werewolf in London"'s Slaughtered Lamb!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts