The King is Dead

Friday, August 15, 2014

Shaolin Monk (Savage Worlds Martial Artists Aren't All the Same)



Shaolin Monk

Seasoned Wild Card

Striving to perfect body and soul, the Shaolin Monk is a student of martial arts style that inspired all imitations.

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Skills: Faith d8, Fighting d10, Knowledge (Martial Arts Philosophy) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d6

Charisma: +0 Pace: 6 Parry: 7 Toughness: 5

Hindrances: Pacifist [Major], Poverty [Minor], Vow [Minor; uphold the principles of the Shaolin Temple].

Edges: AB: Miracles, Adept, Martial Artist, Power Points, New Power.

Gear: formal robes ($200), staff ($10; Str+d4, Parry +1, Reach 1, 2 hands); $40 in alms.

Special Abilities
  • Power Points: 15
  • Powers: damage field (holy aura), environmental protection (superhuman endurance), stun (concussive punch)

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed dude. I think you've hit all the classic martial arts archetypes. All that is, except for Afro Samurai...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Given my goal of not repeating Edges or Powers, I think I did fairly well. I shortchanged the '80s action film side of things, but I was more interested in covering Shaw Brothers/wuxia types of characters.

    ReplyDelete