The King is Dead

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

How WOTC Can Get My Money

Wizards of the Coast is reprinting the D&D 3.5 core books.  Interestingly, they are actually fixing the errata, so the new printings will be a useful purchase for anybody still playing un-Pathfindered 3.5.

Is there anybody who does that?

I bought the 3.5 core books at Half-Price Books right after 4E came out.  I ran one horribly disastrous group campaign and one clumsy-ass duet campaign with them.  For the most part, it just convinced me of my bias toward point-buy/skill-based systems rather than class/level systems.

There is, however, one condition under which I would happily buy new printings of the 3.5 books – a condition under which I suspect another 14,951 people would, too – and that’s if they did a licensed Order of the Stick edition.

I might even try running it again.

(Admittedly, I already plan on buying Ed Greenwood Presents: Elminster's Forgotten Realms.  I'm a sucker for the idea of unadulterated Ed Greenwood.  And it comes out on my birthday!  And then I'll run it with Savage Worlds!)

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen the free paper miniatures over at http://iheartprintandplay.blogspot.com/? They're done in the exact same style as Order of the Stick. I just love them.

    ReplyDelete